Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Farewell Class of 2017 June 14, 2017 On May 31st we said “good-bye” to our sixth graders at the Graduation Mass & Reception of the Class of 2017. The event was a beautiful reminder of the friendship, faith and growth displayed by this group of amazing young people. All students received their diplomas and special awards were given as follows: Sportsmanship Award: Willa Sharbaugh; Citizenship Award: Bena Croushore; Religion Award: Sam Jano & Josi Dirienzo; Woodsman of the World Social Studies Award: Gracie Bowers; Class Salutatorian: Violet Lopaze; Class Valedictorian: Gracie Bowers. The St. Peter’s Class of 2017 included: Gracie Bowes, Bena Croushore, Faith Custer, Josi Dirienzo, Lam Egal, Laury Good, Samuel Jano, Emily Klejka, Violet Lopaze, Sydney Rush, Willa Sharbaugh. We wish the Class of 2017 many blessing in the road ... Read more
- 2017 “Summer Soar” Reading Program June 14, 2017 St. Peter School is proud to announce the return of its “Summer Soar” Reading program. As parents and teachers know, students all too often find themselves losing ground academically during the summer and our best laid plans of reading some books often gets forgotten. This has been referred to as the “summer slide.” We call our program “Summer SOAR” to help students not only stay on level for Reading but maybe soar to some newer higher ground. At each grade level students will be read books in different genres over the summer. Students will get to choose the books they want to read to keep interest high and let them have choices in their reading. Students in grades 4-6 next year who are hoping to ... Read more
- St. Peter School 2018 Fundraiser Announced! June 14, 2017 Next spring, friends and families will have the opportunity to participate in St. Peter School’s First Golf Fundraiser on Saturday, May 26th at the Somerset Country Club. Plans are being put together this summer and we are looking for good ideas as well as sponsors. If you’d like to help with the planning of this event or participate as a sponsor or in any way, please call the school at 814-445-6662. Thank You! Read more
- PTA Seeks New President: June 14, 2017 “Volunteers don’t necessarily have the time; they just have the heart!” Now that school is out and everyone has a chance to breathe and recharge, we are asking St. Peter School parents to prayerfully consider volunteering to serve as our PTA President for the 2017-2018 school year. The current vice-president, secretary and treasurer will be staying on and will be very helpful to the incoming president. We currently only have 4 meetings per school year and the President’s responsibilities mainly include organizing and facilitating PTA meetings and serving as a liaison between the principal and the PTA and committee chair people. Our PTA is a valued and necessary member of our school family and we have been blessed to have all of our past presidents give ... Read more
- St. Peter School Featured on Diocesan TV Show, “Proclaim!” April 13, 2017 On Sunday, April 9th, St. Peter School was the “spotlight school” on the diocesan tv show, “Proclaim!” Mr. Tony DeGol of the diocesan communications office, visited the school in late March to take video footage of the school, classrooms and our Friday school Liturgy. He also interviewed students and Principal, Mrs. Jill Harris. One of our school families also travelled to Hollidaysburg to be interviewed by Bishop Mark Bartchak about our school. The program aired on the ABC affiliate, WATM 23, on Palm Sunday, April 9th at 10:30 am. If you were unable to catch the show, please us the link below to watch it on video! https://vimeo.com/211602857 Read more