Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School’s Presents “Doors of Mercy” February 4, 2016 St. Peter School in Somerset is celebrating theSt. Peter School’s Presents “Doors of Mercy” Jubilee Year of Mercy with its own ‘Doors of Mercy.’ The students and staff under the guidance of Religion Teacher, Mrs. Kim Stiffler, have been talking about mercy, and learning about the Spiritual Works of Mercy and the Corporal Works of Mercy and how to live out Pope Francis’ call to mercy in their daily lives both in school and out of school. Students had completed numerous art and writing projects about mercy when Mrs. Stiffler decided that the school could have their own actual doors to celebrate this Jubilee Year. With the help of the Mr. Bart Sharbaugh, the Maintenance Supervisor, some old doors were refinished and painted and given ... Read more
- St. Peter School Registration Announced January 22, 2016 “St. Peter School…Strong Roots for All Seasons!” This is the theme of our upcoming celebration of Catholic Schools Week 2016. We will join hundreds of thousands of Catholic school students across the country to celebrate the unique gift of a Catholic education. With Catholic Schools Week we will kick off our 2016-2015 St. Peter School Registration. We will begin accepting registrations on Monday, February 1st. Kindergarten registrations will be taken through February 19th. We currently have openings in grades K – 6. Students entering Kindergarten are to five years old before September 1, 2016. All registering students are to bring their birth certificate, social security card, immunization records and any baptismal records at the time of registration. Stop by our Open House on February 1st ... Read more
- St. Peter School….”Strong Roots for All Seasons” Catholic Schools Week, Open House and Winter Carnival Celebrations! January 22, 2016 St. Peter School will join hundreds of thousands of other Catholic school students across the United States to celebrate how Catholic Schools have been building communities of faith, academics and service for hundreds of years. Catholic schools, like St. Peter School, provide an education that helps a child develop academically, emotionally, physically and spiritually to be the best person they can be. With the loving support of St. Peter’s Parish and the commitment of our families, teachers and students, we work together to provide academic excellence rooted in strong moral values and a solid spiritual foundation. This year’s celebrations for Catholic Schools Week will include Spirit Days, Blessing of Throats, parties and this year’s 2016 Winter Carnival! The carnival is organized by parents and run ... Read more
- Art Show Winners Announced January 22, 2016 Recently ten St. Peter School students had their artwork selected to participate in the Laurel Arts Somerset County Elementary Art Show. Their work is on display at the Philip Dressler Center this month and all were invited to a Reception on Sunday, January 17th. Students with work on display this year are: Grade 1 – Allison Borek & Jake Stoy, Grade 2 – Ryan Kinney, Grade 3 – Natalie Riggs, Grade 4 – Kaylie May & Abby Urban, Grade 5 – Gracie Bowers & Emily Klejka, Grade 6 – Andrew Platt and Landon Johnson. Of our honorees four were honored by the judging panel. Honorable Mentions were awarded to Gracie Bowers, Natalie Riggs & Allison Borek. Andrew Platt received the Artist Association Award from the ... Read more
- New Background Checks for 2015-2016 Volunteers April 14, 2015 Families at St. Peter School recently received information regarding a new state law that requires all school volunteers in public and private schools to have certain background checks. There are two basic background checks and a third if a volunteer has lived in PA for less than 10 years. The two basic background checks are the PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) and the PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34). Any volunteer who has not lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years will also need to get an FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114). All volunteers must also complete and sign an Arrest Conviction Report (Act 24) and a Volunteer Application Form. All school volunteers must get these clearances and turn the required paperwork into ... Read more