Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Dear Friend and Pastor, Fr. O’Neill Remembered with Love November 15, 2018 On October 29, 2018, St. Peter School lost their beloved friend and pastor, Fr. Daniel O’Neill, when he passed away after a long battle with cancer. Fr. O’Neill had been the pastor of St. Peter’s since 2007 and was deeply devoted to the school students and their families. Father especially enjoyed the children’s weekly Mass where he would find special ways to help them learn and live the gospel messages of friendship, forgiveness and the importance of faith. Even through his illness the past five years, Fr. O’Neill never missed an opportunity to interact with students even if it was just a wave and a smile from the Rectory or wearing a mask to visit in the school. On All Saints Day, the students and ... Read more
- PTA Craft/Vendor Fair & Bake Sale…One Stop Christmas Shopping! November 15, 2018 If it’s Christmas, it must be time for our PTA Third Annual Craft & Vendor Fair! On Saturday, December 1st, local vendors of crafts, essential oils, jewelry, soaps and other wonderful gift ideas will be available in the St. Peter Parish Hall from 9am – 3pm. This event has been a wonderful place for one-stop shopping and there is much excitement for this year’s Fair as well. There will also be light lunch items available as well as a Bake Sale. School families are asked to donate baked items to the Vendor Fair and we are looking for some helpers to facilitate the Bake Sale and help with other small jobs that day. There is also limited room for additional vendors to sign up to ... Read more
- 2018 Veterans’ Day Choir Performance November 15, 2018 On Friday, November 9th, the St. Peter School Veterans’ Day Choir performed for the Somerset Rotary Club at their annual Veterans’ Day Program and Luncheon at the Somerset Country Club. They performed a selection of patriotic songs as well as a special performance of “The Irish Blessing” in memory of the parish and school’s pastor, Fr. Daniel O’Neill, who passed away suddenly on October 29th. This year’s choir included: Cole Johnson, Kali Dirienzo, Felicity Petrosky, Julianne Barto, Ava Guerrieri, Elyse Watkins, Sophia Morocco, Callen Miller, Allison Borek, Isabella Basala, Samantha Brinton, Jude Glover, Carson Vought, Emily Rusy, Hannah Jacob, Arabella Renna and Abigail Ledney. The group was led by Music Teacher, Mrs. Polly Close. Check out part of their performance below Read more
- Congratulations Red Ribbon Honorees! November 15, 2018 In October, three St. Peter School students were recognized for their winning entries in this year’s Red Ribbon Contests. The entire school submitted posters and some students also entered an originial essay all around the theme this year….”Life is a Journey…Travel Drug Free!” St. Peter’s has participated in the National Red Ribbon Campaign for many years and competes against other Somerset County schools in the local contest each year. This year, fifth grader, Abigail Campbell, won first prize for her essay in her age group. Third grader Josh Brinton won first place for his poster and Noah Jano won second place for his poster, each in their own grade category. Special thanks to all classes for their participation. Students also participated in many Spirit Days ... Read more
- “Do You Hear What I Hear?” Advent is Upon Us and Christmas is Coming! November 15, 2018 How blessed we are that at St. Peter School we can share our hearts, our prayers and our faith with each other during all parts of the year but especially during these most holy times of Lent and Advent. St. Peter School’s annual Christmas Nativity Play will be held immediately following Mass on Friday, December 14th. The Mass that day will begin 1/2 hour early at 10:45 am with the play to follow directly after the conclusion of Mass. This year’s play, presented by the 1st and 6th grade classes is called “Star of Wonder” and is sure to help us all focus on the real meaning of Christmas. Our Christmas Music Concert will be Thursday evening, December 6th at 7pm in the Parish Hall. ... Read more