Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School Teachers Honored October 31, 2014 Three St. Peter School teachers were recently recognized for their service and accomplishments in teaching at St. Peter School and in Catholic Education. All three teachers were recognized by Bishop Mark Bartchak of the Altoona Johnstown Diocese at the annual Diocesan Teachers’ In-service and Mass on Friday, September 26th at Bishop Guilfoyle High School in Altoona. Mrs. Sheila Ulerich, fifth grade teacher, was recognized for 25 years of service to Catholic Education and St. Peter School. She has taught all subjects and has been a homeroom teacher in grades 3 and 5 and is the lead Language Arts teacher for the intermediate grades. Mrs. Ulerich also co-coaches our Reading Competition Team and leads the school’s Spelling Bee and facilitates the school’s annual participation in the ... Read more
- Third Grade Student Wins Red Ribbon Poster Contest October 31, 2014 St. Peter School third grader, Sydney Grosholz, won first place in her age group for the 2014 Red Ribbon Contest. Schools from across the county participate in Essay, Poster and Banner contests to commemorate the National Red Ribbon Week Campaign. This campaign helps to raise awareness of the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. St. Peter School has participated in the Red Ribbon Week for many years. All are thanked for their participation and we congratulate Sydney! Read more
- “Rock’n Readers” Prepare for Competition and Host Author October 31, 2014 St. Peter School’s Reading Competition Team, the “Rock’n Readers,” are busy preparing for the upcoming Appalachia IU8 Interscholastic Fall Reading Competition to be held Thursday, November 20th at Bellwood Antis High School. The team is led by coaches and teachers, Mrs. Sheila Ulerich and Mrs. Cindy Miller. Collectively the students in grades 4-6 have read over 40 book titles for the upcoming competition. For all their hard work, they were given the honor of hosting a luncheon for children’s author and illustrator, Suzanne Bloom, on October 23rd when when was visiting the school on that day. Mrs. Bloom also held workshops with classes from St. Peter School throughout her visit and signed books for students. We wish our “Rock’n Readers” good luck at their upcoming ... Read more
- St. Peter’s Parish Holiday Basket Bazaar October 31, 2014 St. Peter’s Parish will hold its annual Holiday Basket Bazaar on Saturday and Sunday, November 8th & 9th in the Parish Hall. All families of the church and school are asked to consider putting together a basket and donating it to the Bazaar. Baskets should be worth at least $25 in value and can contain anything you can creatively come up with! Please have all baskets to the Rectory by Thursday, November 6th and plan to come and try to win some wonderful baskets. Read more
- St. Peter School Christmas Events October 31, 2014 St. Peter School is already preparing for the upcoming Christmas season with many wonderful student events and performances. We will present our annual Nativity play with the first and sixth grade students on Friday, December 19th following the Friday Mass. All are reminded that the normally scheduled 11:15 Mass will begin earlier at 10:45 am to allow time for the Nativity Play. Information about parts and practices will be sent home in the following weeks and all are invited to attend. Our annual Christmas Concert will be held Thursday evening, December 11th at 7:00 pm in the Parish Hall. All music students taking piano, violin, guitar or other instruments will perform Christmas selections for friends and family and the PTA will serve light refreshments. On ... Read more