Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Students Recognized For Accelerated Excellence November 16, 2017 At the end of the first grading period, students were recognized for reaching their own personal Accelerated Reader goals with prizes and special recognition. Small prizes were given out to student who reached 50%, 100% and 125% of their goals and many students surpassed their goals times three! Well done. Two students joined the AMAZING 100 POINT CLUB by reaching 100 points or more during the first grading period. They are Hannah Jacob and Emily Fisher. These students were treated to lunch with the principal and their pictures hung in the school hallway. Congratulations to these students and to all the students and teachers for their participation! Let’s raise those goals and remember, “ITS ALL ABOUT THOSE BOOKS!!” Read more
- St. Peter Students Honored at Red Ribbon Rally November 7, 2017 Four St. Peter School students were recently named winners in the 2017 Red Ribbon Week Poster Contest. This year’s theme was “The Key to your Future is to be Drug Free!” First grader Lauren Sobolewski won 3rd Place and third grader Chloe Sorensen won 1st Place in the grades K-3 age group. Sixth grader Abby Urban won 3rd Place and classmate Megan Barron won 2nd Place in the grades 4-6 age group. All winners were recognized at the Red Ribbon Kick-Off Rally at the Somerset Courthouse on Friday, October 20th. Congratulations to all winners and special thanks to all St. Peter School students for their participation. Read more
- Rock’n Readers Prepare for Fall Competition November 7, 2017 St. Peter School’s “Rock’n Readers” will compete in the Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 Interscholastic Elementary Reading Competition on Wednesday, November 15 at Bellwood-Antis Middle/High School. The team, made up of students in grades 4-6, has been reading the list of over 40 books since last spring in preparation for this event. Coached by teachers Mrs. Sheila Ulerich and Mrs. Cindy Miller, the team has been reading up a storm and practicing after school for the past few weeks and will travel to Bellwood Antis on November 15th to represent our school. This year’s team members include: Sixth Grade: Walter O’Neill Fifth Grade: Ava Guerrieri, Jude Glover, Hannah Jacob, Abigail Ledney, Dominic McKelvey, Elyse Watkins Fourth Grade: Abby Campbell and Declan Egal. As a special treat ... Read more
- PTA Christmas Vendor Fair Around the Corner! November 7, 2017 Mark your calendars now for the second annual St. Peter’s PTA Christmas Vendor Fair and Bake Sale on Saturday, December 2 in the Parish Hall. Last year’s event was a wonderful success and we hope to see you there! If you or anyone you know is interested in participating as a vendor, please call Jennifer McKelvey at 483-4681 and then come and get your shopping done early all in one place! Read more
- St. Peter Students Present Veterans’ Day Program November 7, 2017 St. Peter School was recently asked to assemble a choir to perform at the Somerset Rotary Club’s Veterans’ Day Program at the Somerset Country Club on Friday, November 10th. After students voluntarily auditioned they began to practice a variety of patriotic songs to present for the Somerset Rotary Club. The students will be singing “You’re a Grand Old Flag,” “Yankee Doodle,” “This Land is Your Land,” and “God Bless America” at the event. The students will also be the special guests of the Rotary Club at their luncheon that day. This year’s Veterans’ Day Choir includes the following singers: Grade 3: Malorie Barron, Adalyn Boburchock, Allison Borek, Keegan McKelvey and Jake Stoy. Grade 4: Addison Barto, Abby Campbell, Felicity Petrosky and Arabella Renna. Grade 5: ... Read more