Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Background Checks & Clearances for 2018-2019 School Year July 16, 2018 The background checks and clearances required for all church and school volunteers were recently revised by the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese. All current volunteers who completed these clearances prior to July 1, 2018 are not required to complete anything additional at this time. Current volunteers will be notified when their clearances need renewed. All NEW volunteers will need to complete the trainings and background checks listed on the Diocesan Checklist which can be found under the “Forms and Documents” tab of the school and parish websites. All background check, clearances and training paperwork must be turned into the St. Peter School office prior to parents volunteering with or in the school at any time. Any questions, please call the school at 445-6662. Thank you! Read more
- St. Peter’s Class of 2018 Graduates June 15, 2018 On Thursday, May 31st, our 11 sixth grade students celebrated their graduation with a Graduation Mass and Reception. Pastor Fr. Daniel O’Neill was the celebrant of the Mass during which students were recognized for various awards and achievements and all received their diplomas. Families whose youngest child was graduating from St. Peter’s were also recognized for their years of service to St. Peter School. After the Mass, graduates and their families were treated a celebration reception hosted by the fifth grade families. We wish these amazing eleven students a bright future as they grow from the firm foundation of their years at St. Peter School! We will miss all of you! God bless! Read more
- Accelerated Reader “Amazing 100 Point Club” Members for Fourth Grading Period Announced! June 15, 2018 The last week of school, 8 students were recognized for attaining 100 Accelerated Reader points for the year. They were treated to a Pizza Lunch along with the 15 students who reached 100% of their AR Goal for each of the four grading periods as well as maintaining an 85% or better average on test performance. The new and final members of the “Amazing 100 Point Club” for the 2017-2018 school year are: Miley Sorensen, Felicity Petrosky, Sidney Riggs, Megan Barron, Thressa Ledney, Colin McClelland, Jude Glover, Elyse Watkins. All students received incentive prizes if they reached 50%, 75%, 100% or more of their AR Goal for the fourth grading period. We also had a drawing for the final grand prize for the year. Each ... Read more
- Summer “SOAR” Reading Program June 15, 2018 St. Peter School will once again require students entering grades 1-6 to complete a Summer Reading Program. As parents and teachers know, students all too often find themselves losing ground academically during the summer and our best laid plans of reading some books often gets forgotten. This has been referred to as the “summer slide.” After much research with other school districts and other Catholic schools, we began a Summer Reading program at St. Peter’s in the last few years. We call our program “Summer SOAR” to help students not only stay on level for Reading but maybe soar to some newer higher ground. At each grade level students will be required to read a set amount of books in different genres over the summer. ... Read more
- First Golf Outing a Huge Success! June 15, 2018 The PTA First Ever Golf Outing was a wonderful success! The weather was perfect and the support of many sponsors, donors, benefactors and golfers made the event wonderful and enjoyable. Without the sponsors our event would not have been possible and we are truly grateful. A very special thank you to Damien and Stacey Renna for their hard work organizing this event from start to finish on behalf of the PTA and the school. God is good! Read more