Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Reaching Out ….Sharing Hearts November 9, 2016 At St. Peter School we are dedicated to teaching students about their responsibility to be of service to each other, their communities and the world around them. As we began the school year, we learned about the devastating floods in Louisiana. Many Catholic schools and many of their families’ homes in the Diocese of Baton Rouge, were severely damaged. This caused schools to be relocated or delay the opening of the school year. This was also the time in September when we were preparing for the canonization of St. Mother Theresa of Calcutta and the birthday of our Pastor, Fr. Daniel O’Neill. As we focused on the servanthood and example of St. Theresa and also of the dedication and work of our Pastor, the Holy ... Read more
- Children’s Author and Illustrator Visits St. Peter School November 9, 2016 Peter Catalanotto, a famous children’s author and illustrator visited St. Peter School on Monday, October 24th. He was in town for the Keystone State Reading Association’s State Conference and we were lucky to have him visit with our students and do workshops with them about writing and drawing and about being a professional author. Mr. Catalanotto has published 46 books for children and written 16 of them. He has visited over 1500 elementary schools in 40 states and enjoys the opportunity to teach children about his passion for writing and art. When not visiting schools or working on his own books, he teaches a Children’s Literature course at Columbia University. Some of his book titles include: Ivan the Terrier, Monkey Robot, and Emily’s Art. While ... Read more
- Red Ribbon Winners Announced! November 9, 2016 St. Peter School students recently participated in Somerset County’s Red Ribbon Poster Campaign for this year’s Red Ribbon Drug & Alcohol Awareness Campaign. Students from all across the county entered posters, essays and banners. Winners were chosen for each grade level. First Grader Joshua Brinton won Third Place for his poster and Second Grader Allison Borek won First Place for her poster. Congratulations to them and special thanks to all of our students and teachers for their time on this project. Read more
- Fall Field Trips November 9, 2016 This Fall, St. Peter School students were “on the road” enjoying field trips near and far! Grades K-2 were treated to a day outside on hay bales, slides, and pedal cars at the Hillbilly Harvest in Friedens. Grade 3 enjoyed mazes, games, stories and crafts at Faranda Farm near Hollsopple. Grades 4 & 5 travelled over the mountain and back in time as they visited the Compass Inn in Laughlintown. This is a school favorite and coincides with the study of Pennsylvania in Fourth Grade and early American History in Fifth Grade. Grade 6 spent a wonderful day in Loretto visiting the Chapel House of Servant of God, Prince Demetrius Gallitzin, the surrounding grounds and the Carmelite Monastary. This wonderful trip is an annual event ... Read more
- New School Year Calendar and Theme Announced – Summer Reading & Clearances July 11, 2016 The 2016-2017 school year will kick off on Tuesday, August 30th as the first day of school. This year’s theme, “Catholic Schools…Reaching for the Stars as Communities of Faith, Academics and Service” will include a focus on stars and planets and outer space! New and returning students can find their Class Supply lists by going to the Class Notes page of the grade they will be in this fall. The Supply List can be found at the end of the teacher’s Class Notes as a download link. Students are to have their supplies on the first day of school and are reminded to wear their full uniforms on the first day as well. Students will all attend Mass on the first day and we invite ... Read more