Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Fifth Annual Fr. Gardner’s Memorial Walk, “Walking in Faith from Sea to Shining Sea!” April 12, 2015 The St. Peter School Community will participate in its fourth annual “Fr. Gartland Memorial Walk” on Wednesday, April 29th on the St. Peter’s School grounds. This will be the fifth year for the Walk which has become a favorite school event. Students will be gathering sponsors for the Walk in the coming weeks and then will spend the afternoon walking around the grounds enjoying fun activities, music and friendship as we raise money for St. Peter School. This year’s funds will be used to purchase new blinds for the remaining half of the school as well as updates to the school’s wireless system. Families are welcome to join us and participate. For more information, contact the school at 445-6662. Read more
- Forensics Winners Announced! April 12, 2015 The St. Peter School Forensics Team finished up a stellar year at this year’s diocesan Forensics competitions. Of the nine team members who competed at the Johnstown Regional Competition at Bishop McCort High School on March 23rd, six students placed in the top 4 to advance to the Diocesan competition. The Diocesan Competition was held also held at Bishop McCort High School on Friday, March 27th. The six students who advanced to the Diocesan Competition were: Ella Jano & Emma Luteri (2nd Place – Duo Drama) Connor Jacob & Morgan McGuire (4th Place – Duo Drama) Ryan Zanoni (4th Place – Impromptu) Jacob Mazurkiewicz (1st Place – Impromptu) At the Diocesan Championship Competition, Ryan Zanoni won a Sixth Place medal and Jacob Mazurkiewicz won a ... Read more
- Diocesan Vocations Contest Winners Announced April 12, 2015 Each spring, students in all the Catholic schools across the diocese participate in the Diocesan Vocations Poster/Essay/Poetry Contest. Sponsored by the Office of Vocations, students create a piece of creative work around the yearly theme. This year’s theme was “Living the Consecrated Life.” We are proud to announce that Elyse Latshaw, fifth grade, won 1st Place for her poster out of all of the 4th and 5th graders in the diocese. Also, Megan Barron, third grade, won Third Place for her poem out of all the 1st through 4th graders in the diocese. Both girls will be invited to attend the Bishop’s Reception on May 3rd in Loretto to receive their awards. Congratulations! Read more
- St. Peter School Science Fair April 12, 2015 St. Peter School will hold its annual Science and Health Fair on Tuesday, April 29th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm in the Parish Hall. Students in grades 4-6 are working on their Science Fair Projects which will include a Presentation Board and a Written Report all using the Scientific Method. Students in grades K-3 will complete class projects to present as well. We will also host the Young Heart Book Fair in the Hall on Monday, April 28th and Tuesday, April 29th and the evening of the Science Fair. All are welcome to join us for the Science Fair! Read more
- New Background Checks for 2015-2016 Volunteers April 12, 2015 Families at St. Peter School recently received information regarding a new state law that requires all school volunteers in public and private schools to have certain background checks. There are two basic background checks and a third if a volunteer has lived in PA for less than 10 years. The two basic background checks are the PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) and the PA Criminal History Clearance (Act 34). Any volunteer who has not lived in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years will also need to get an FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114). All volunteers must also complete and sign an Arrest Conviction Report (Act 24) and a Volunteer Application Form. All school volunteers must get these clearances and turn the required paperwork into ... Read more