Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- SPELLING BEE WINNER ANNOUNCED May 3, 2017 Students in grades 4-6 recently competed in our school Spelling Bee to determine the top speller who will represent our school at the Altoona Johnstown Diocesan Spelling Bee at Lock Haven Catholic School on Thursday, May 4th. The top winners in each class were: Grade 4 – Benjamin Bowers & Anthony Knecht, Grade 5 – Megan Barron & Kaylie May, Grade 6 – Willa Sharbaugh & Liam Egal. The Winner of the 2017 St. Peter School Spelling Bee is Megan Barron and the Runner-up is Willa Sharbaugh! Congratulations and best wishes at the Diocesan Bee on May 4th. Read more
- ST. PETER SCHOOL SCRABBLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED May 3, 2017 On Friday, April 21st, St. Peter School held its annual Scrabble Tournament for grades 4-6. After three rounds of play, scores were tallied to determine the top two teams in each grade level. These teams were then presented certificates on Tuesday, April 25th and won the opportunity to compete in the Somerset County Scrabble Tournament on Thursday, May 11th at the Somerset Christian School. The event was organized by fourth grade teacher, Miss. Juliann Isgan and much thanks is extended to all of our volunteer judges for their help as well. Congratulations to the following SCRABBLE teams: Grade 4: First Place – Hannah Jacob & Abigail Ledney, Second Place – Callen Miller & Anthony Knecht Grade 5: First Place – Caleb Platt & Simon McGuire, ... Read more
- CHALLEGE 24 CONTEST RESULTS May 3, 2017 St. Peter School 4th, 5th and 6th grades recently competed in classroom Challenge 24 contests to determine the top finishers in each class. These students will now represent our school at the Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8’s Challenge 24 Competition at Greater Johnstown Career and Technical Center on May 18th. Representing our school this year will be Fourth Grader, Hannah Jacob; Fifth Grader, Caleb Platt; and Sixth Grader, Gracie Bowers. Well done, students! Read more
- St. Peter School Featured on Diocesan TV Show, “Proclaim!” April 13, 2017 On Sunday, April 9th, St. Peter School was the “spotlight school” on the diocesan tv show, “Proclaim!” Mr. Tony DeGol of the diocesan communications office, visited the school in late March to take video footage of the school, classrooms and our Friday school Liturgy. He also interviewed students and Principal, Mrs. Jill Harris. One of our school families also travelled to Hollidaysburg to be interviewed by Bishop Mark Bartchak about our school. The program aired on the ABC affiliate, WATM 23, on Palm Sunday, April 9th at 10:30 am. If you were unable to catch the show, please us the link below to watch it on video! https://vimeo.com/211602857 Read more
- St. Peter School Reading Competition Teams Win First & Second Place April 13, 2017 On Thursday, April 6th, St. Peter School sent two “Rock’n Readers” teams to the Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 Interscholastic Reading Competition at Forest Hills Middle School. They competed against over 50 other schools, private and public on their knowledge of 42 books they have read since November. We were proud to have so many students interested this year which allowed us to enter two teams “Rock’n Readers 1” won a Second Place ribbon and “Rock’n Readers 2”won a First Place ribbon. The teams are coached by teachers, Mrs. Sheila Ulerich and Mrs. Cindy Miller. Special thanks to our coaches and the parent volunteers who helped at the competition. This year’s team members included: “Rock’n Readers 1” – Gracie Bowers, Liam Egal, Sydney Grosholz, Caleb Platt, ... Read more