Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School Graduation Class of 2014 June 26, 2014Congratulations to the St. Peter School’s Graduation Class of 2014! On Thursday, June 5th, fourteen young students graduated from St. Peter’s School. The class celebrated a Mass and Graduation Ceremony in the church at 6:30 pm and then enjoyed a wonderful reception in the Hall afterwards hosted by the fifth grade parents. The Class Valedictorian was Nolan Croushore and Salutatorian was Patrick Jacob. We wish all of our graduates much luck in their futures and we will miss them. Members of the Class of 2014 are: Nolan Croushore, Quinn Egal, Patrick Jacob, Caleb Jano, Joseph Jano, Patrick Kuhn, Luke Latshaw, Ben Murdy, Sam Olsavsky, Sofia Rush, Damon Schrift, Ian Schrift, Jack Strope and Ally Weimer. Read more
- St. Peter School Summer Hours June 26, 2014St. Peter School will be open from 8 am to Noon Monday – Friday through the end of June. During July, the office will be open by appointment only. We will be open in August from 8 am – 1 pm. Student Supply Lists can be found on each teacher’s Class Notes page of the website. Below are forms that parents may need over the summer to be completed, including the 2014-2015 Authorization for Medication Form which needs to be signed by a physician each year for a child to receive any first aid medications or other medicines during the 2014-2015 school year. Please call the school if you have any questions. We will return any calls if you leave your name and number. Have ... Read more
- YOUTH PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS June 26, 2014The Altoona Johnstown Diocese has a mandatory Youth Protection Program that is required of all employees or volunteers who will work with children in any of the diocesan schools or parishes. All training must be completed and clearances up to date BEFORE employees or volunteers may work with children. The program is a one-time, online 45 minute training course that can be completed at home or any other computer. It includes a training course followed by a short quiz which users must attain an 80% or better to pass. If you are a new school, CCD or parish volunteer or a new school or CCD parent and you have NOT completed a previous “Protecting God’s Children” training, you will need to complete this course before ... Read more
- Summer Reading Program at St. Peter’s June 26, 2014St. Peter School is instituting a Summer Reading Program this year. Research shows that students often lose ground academically during the summer. This has been referred to as the “summer slide.” After much research with other school districts and other Catholic schools, we are beginning a Summer Reading program at St. Peter’s called “Summer SOAR” to help students not only stay on level for Reading but maybe soar to some newer higher ground. At each grade level students will be required to read a set amount of books in different genres over the summer. Students will get to choose the books they want to read to keep interest high and let them have choices in their reading. Students in grades 4-6 next year who are ... Read more
- St. Peter School Students in Competitions this Spring! March 14, 2014Congratulations to fifth grader, Jacob Mazukiewicz, who won the St. Peter School Spelling Bee in March. Runner up was sixth grader, Patrick Jacob. Congratulations also to our SCRABBLE teams who won first and second place for their grade level at our recent SCRABBLE tournament for grades 4-6. These teams will compete at the Somerset County SCRABBLE tournament on Friday, May 2nd, sponsored by the Somerset Reading Council and the Somerset Daily American. This year’s winning teams are: Fourth Grade: First Place – Will Reeping and RJ James, Second Place – Andrew Platt and Mateo Camacho. Fifth Grade: First Place – Connor Jacob and Morgan McGuire, Second Place – Anna Riggs and Emma Luteri. Sixth Grade: First Place – Quinn Egal and Patrick Jacob, Second ... Read more