Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School Students Say “Thank You” February 12, 2015 In celebration of Catholic Schools Week 2015, St. Peter School students wrote cards of thanks to community servants and leaders for their role in guiding and protecting our community. The national theme for Catholic Schools Week 2015 was “Building Communities of Faith, Academics and Service.” The thank-you cards highlighted the students’ appreciation for our community servants and extended prayers to them as well. After receiving cards for the Somerset Borough Police Department from fifth grade students, Chief Randy Cox was so moved, he visited the fifth grade that week to express his gratitude to them and give them a gift of appreciation. Well done St. Peter’s! Read more
- Mulit Media Winners Announced! February 12, 2015 The sixth grade students of St. Peter School recently competed in a Multi Media Contest. Inspired by the diocesan competition, students worked in groups to prepare a PowerPoint presentation around this year’s theme, “The Magic of Disney.” Guest judges critiqued each presentation for their research, PowerPoint skills and oral presentation. All groups did a wonderful job and this year’s winning team was Brody Good, Jacob Mazurkiewicz and Ryan Zanoni. Read more
- Forensics Team Prepares for Competition February 12, 2015 The St. Peter School 2015 Forensics Team is preparing for their upcoming Regional Competition which will be held on Monday, March 23rd at Bishop McCort High School. The team is made up of 9 sixth graders who will compete in various speech categories against students in grades 6-8 from the other Johnstown catholic schools. The top winners in each category will compete in the Diocesan competition on Friday, March 27th at Bishop Guilfoyle High School in Altoona against winners from across the diocese. This year’s team is coached by Mrs. Lori Holloway, Mrs. Kelly Mateljan and Mrs. Joann Swearman. Team members and their categories are as follows: Prose: Kaitlyn Friedline and Mary Bowers, Poetry: Brody Good, Impromptu: Ryan Zanoni and Jacob Mazurkiewicz, Duo Drama: Ella ... Read more
- Holy Hour for Vocations February 12, 2015 Fr. Matthew Reese, Director of Vocations for the Altoona Johnstown Diocese, will be visiting St. Peter School on Tuesday, March 10. He will lead a Holy Hour with students and faculty to pray for vocations in our diocese. Families and friends are welcome to join us! Read more
- Station of the Cross for Lent February 12, 2015 St. Peter School students will participate in Stations of the Cross during Lent. Every Monday, students will “give up” their recess to attend Stations of the Cross at Noon in the church. We welcome anyone to attend Read more