Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Forensics Team Makes School Proud! April 8, 2016 Thirteen sixth graders from St. Peter School recently competed in the Johnstown Regional Forensics Competition in various speech types. The top four finishers in each category were then advanced to the Diocesan Competition on March 23rd at Bishop Carroll High School. Haley Vought and Nicholas Jacob won a fourth place ribbon in Duo Drama and RJ James and Will Reeping placed second in Duo Drama advancing both teams to the Diocesan event. While neither team won a ribbon at the Diocesan Forensics Tournament, they, along with all of our 2016 Forensics Team members represented our school very well and we are very proud of them! Special thanks to our coaches and parent volunteer judges. Read more
- Fifth Annual Fr. Gartland Walk…Growing & Walking in Faith April 8, 2016 On Wednesday, April 27th, St. Peter School students, teachers, staff and volunteers will participate in the school’s fifth annual Fr. Gartland Walk. Students walk the grounds throughout the afternoon and participate in other outdoor activities to celebrate the school and to raise money for various school projects. This year’s funds will be used to help fund the replacement of the carpet in the school entrances and to purchase replacement laptops in the Library. Read more
- St. Peter School To Host Diocesan Spelling Bee April 8, 2016 St. Pete School will host the 2016 Altoona Johnstown Diocesan Spelling Bee on Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 at 1:00 pm in the St. Peters Parish Hall. Top spellers from the 20 Catholic elementary schools in the diocese are expected to attend the event. Jacob Mazukiewicz, currently a seventh grader at Somerset Middle School, won the diocesan event last year as a sixth grader which designated the school as the host school for this year’s event. Due to this event, St. Peter School will dismiss at 11: 45 that day. The St. Peter School representative for this event will be determined at a school spelling be on April 13th. Read more
- St. Peter School Awarded Grant March 10, 2016 St. Peter School has been awarded a $2500 grant from the Independent Catholic Foundation of Altoona-Johnstown. The school applied for the grant to enhance its focus on school literacy. The funds will be used to purchase classroom bookshelves for Classroom Libraries, classroom dictionaries for all grades and literature selections. The Foundation is an independent entity – legally separate from the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown – committed to the long-term strength and viability of Catholic institutions within the eight-county diocese. The Independent Catholic Foundation is overseen by a board of trustees comprised of dedicated lay men and women. Among its overall goals and objectives, the Independent Catholic Foundation is to: Provide a source through which donors can make living and testamentary gifts to benefit their charitable objectives and ... Read more
- Registration For 2016-2017 School Year Now Open March 10, 2016 St. Peter School is now accepting registrations for the 2016-2017 school year. We currently have openings in grades K – 6 and we are open to all students of all faiths. Students entering Kindergarten are to five years old before September 1, 2016. All registering students are to bring their birth certificate, social security card, immunization records and any baptismal records at the time of registration. We welcome anyone who is interested in learning more about St. Peter School and the advantages of an education rich in academic excellence, Christian values, and a strong tradition of service to others, to call St. Peter School to arrange a visit. Read more