Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School Prepares for Catholic Schools Week 2018 January 5, 2018 St. Peter School will join thousands of other Catholic Schools around the country in the celebration of Catholic Schools Week 2018 the week of January 28 – February 2, 2018. This national observance highlights the role of Catholic schools and their mission to educate the minds, enrich the souls and lead in service the millions of Catholic school students, past, present and future around our nation. Our school will observe the week with spirit days, special events, our annual Open House and of course our Winter Carnival! We will also hold our school Talent Show on Friday, February 2nd as a culminating event this year. We look forward to celebrating this annual event with our school community as we all celebrate and give thanks to ... Read more
- 2018-19 Registration and Open House Announced January 5, 2018 St. Peter School will kick off its 2018-2019 Registration on Monday, January 29th. In conjunction with the school’s observance of Catholic Schools Week there will be an Open House from 6:30 – 8pm on the 29th. All current and prospective families are welcome to stop in and see our school, meet our amazing teachers and find out more about why St. Peter’s School is the best choice for your child(ren)’s education. We have openings in all grades and tuition assistance is available as well as transportation from neighboring school districts. Children entering Kindergarten during the Fall of 2018 must be 5 before September 1st, 2018. Families interested in transferring students into grades 1-6 are asked to schedule a meeting with the school principal sometime after ... Read more
- Day of Giving Highlights Catholic Schools Week ’18! January 5, 2018 The National Catholic Education Association has announced a new initiative to raise awareness and funds to help individual Catholic schools across the nations. For ONE DAY, on January 30, 2018, friends and families both near and far can log onto St Peter School’s Day of Giving site and submit a tax-exempt donation to directly benefit St. Peter School. The URL for our site is: https://stpetersparish.giving.factsmgt.com. We have set a goal of $5000.00 to help us purchase supplies and resources for a new STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) initiative which includes Coding curriculum as well as LEGO’s and other hands-on resources. You can “share” a post using the link to our Facebook page above as well and we are on Twitter too! The “Day ... Read more
- Rock’n Readers Win Blue Ribbon and Prepare for Spring! January 5, 2018 St. Peter’s Rock’n Readers won a First Place Blue Ribbon at the Fall Reading Competition on Wednesday, November 15th. The 9 member team was coached by teachers, Mrs. Cindy Miller and Mrs. Sheila Ulerich. Members of the first place team included: Walter O’Neill, Ava Guerrieri, Jude Glover, Hannah Jacob, Abigail Ledney, Dominic McKelvey, Elyse Watkins, Abby Campbell and Declan Egal. Many more students are already reading books for the Spring Competition which will be Thursday, April 5th at Forest Hills High School. Well done Readers! Read more
- Sixth Graders Compete in Multi Media Contest January 5, 2018 St. Peter School sixth graders competed in the 2017-2018 Multi Media Contest recently. The students worked in teams of 2-3 people and researched, prepared a PowerPoint presentation and speech about a famous amusement park in Pennsylvania. They worked in class and during recess and at home over a 5 week period. They then presented their work to three guest judges on Monday, November 20th, and the winning team was recognized the next morning. This year’s winning team for the St. Peter School Multi Media Contest was Megan Barron, Hailey Friedline and Olivia Svonavec. Congratulations and thanks to all teams for their amazing work! Read more