Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Student to Student: A Catholic School Response to Hurricane Harvey September 1, 2017 Our hearts and prayers are with Catholic schools and all those affected by Hurricane Harvey. In keeping with our mission to serve others, we have been in touch with diocesan leaders in the affected storm areas to determine their needs. The National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) is answering this question by launching a campaign asking every Catholic school family around the country to contribute at least $1 per student to help Catholic schools impacted by the storm to rebuild, reopen and re-enroll students. “Student to Student: A Catholic School Response to Hurricane Harvey” is a powerful opportunity to engage students in living the Gospel message of compassionate service and generosity to others. Through this initiative, NCEA is asking for contributions from students and families enrolled in all ... Read more
- St. Peter School weekly Mass moves to new day! September 1, 2017 As many of you are aware, Father O’Neill began a new chemotherapy treatment program this month for his multiple myeloma. Our prayer and support are of course with him. His treatment schedule includes weekly trips to Pittsburgh on Fridays. One of Father’s greatest joys (and “a dose of good medicine”) is saying Mass with our school students so when he asked if we would consider moving our weekly masses to Thursday we of course gave him a resounding “YES!” Beginning next week, (September 7th) and for the months to come, our weekly Mass will be on Thursdays at 11:15. There will be no Mass on Fridays at 11:15. Students will wear FULL UNIFORMS on THURSDAYS and can wear regular uniforms on Fridays. We ask that any recess-duty ... Read more
- 2017-2018 School Theme Announced! August 25, 2017 The National Catholic Education Association unveiled a new national logo for this year: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed. At. St. Peter School we extended this theme to focus on the arts this year. We will talk about and celebrate the beautiful masterpieces that God has created in each of the members of our school community and in our school. We plan to highlight some extra time for Art and Music projects this year with our sights set on an “end of year” Art Show and Auction sponsored by our wonderful PTA. We’ll keep you posted! School begins on Tuesday, August 29th. Our Opening Mass will be on WEDNESDAY, August 30th at 11:15 and all are invited to celebrate with us! Read more
- Congratulations Mrs. Holloway! August 25, 2017 Congratulations to first grade teacher, Mrs. Holloway, who is celebrating 20 years of loving service to St. Peter School and Catholic Education this year. She will be recognized by the Bishop at the Diocesan Teacher In-Service on September 22nd. Thank you and God bless you, Mrs. Holloway! Read more
- 2017 Grandparents’ Day Picnic & Open House August 25, 2017 Mark your calendars now for our 2017 Grandparents’ Day Picnic on Monday, September 11th at 11:35 and our Fall Open House on Tuesday, September 12th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. On Monday, grandparents, parents, family friends or extra special someone are invited to come and have lunch on the school grounds with students. On Tuesday, our school will be open to students, friends and family and school supporters, past, present or future, to stop in, see our beautiful school and meet our teachers. Our Young Heart Book Fair will be going on at the same time as both of these events and during the day on Monday and Tuesday in the Library. We appreciate everyone’s enthusiastic support of these events and our wonderful local book ... Read more