Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Rock’n Readers Win First Place Ribbon! November 21, 2014 The St. Peter’s Rock’n Readers recently won a First Place ribbon at the 2014 Fall Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 Reading Competition. The group of 4th, 5th and 6th graders collectively read over 40 books since last spring to prepare for the competition which was held at Bellwood Antis High School on Thursday, November 21st. The team is coached by Mrs. Sheila Ulerich and Mrs. Cindy Miller. We congratulate the Rock’n Readers and thank them for their hard work! Read more
- St. Peter Students Sing at Veterans’ Day Program November 21, 2014 A group of fifth and sixth grade students from St. Peter School presented a musical program on Friday, November 14th at the Somerset Rotary Club’s annual Veterans’ Day Luncheon and Program. The event was held at the Somerset Country Club. Students practiced and memorized a variety of patriotic and spiritual songs that they sang to the large crowd that included members of the Somerset Rotary Club as well as guest veterans. The students were treated to nice luncheon after the event and did a marvelous job singing. The group was under the direction of Music Teacher, Mrs. Polly Close. Special thanks to Mr. Vince Jacob for inviting the students to perform and for their wonderful lunch! Read more
- St. Peter School Teachers Honored October 31, 2014 Three St. Peter School teachers were recently recognized for their service and accomplishments in teaching at St. Peter School and in Catholic Education. All three teachers were recognized by Bishop Mark Bartchak of the Altoona Johnstown Diocese at the annual Diocesan Teachers’ In-service and Mass on Friday, September 26th at Bishop Guilfoyle High School in Altoona. Mrs. Sheila Ulerich, fifth grade teacher, was recognized for 25 years of service to Catholic Education and St. Peter School. She has taught all subjects and has been a homeroom teacher in grades 3 and 5 and is the lead Language Arts teacher for the intermediate grades. Mrs. Ulerich also co-coaches our Reading Competition Team and leads the school’s Spelling Bee and facilitates the school’s annual participation in the ... Read more
- Third Grade Student Wins Red Ribbon Poster Contest October 31, 2014 St. Peter School third grader, Sydney Grosholz, won first place in her age group for the 2014 Red Ribbon Contest. Schools from across the county participate in Essay, Poster and Banner contests to commemorate the National Red Ribbon Week Campaign. This campaign helps to raise awareness of the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. St. Peter School has participated in the Red Ribbon Week for many years. All are thanked for their participation and we congratulate Sydney! Read more
- St. Peter School Christmas Events October 31, 2014 St. Peter School is already preparing for the upcoming Christmas season with many wonderful student events and performances. We will present our annual Nativity play with the first and sixth grade students on Friday, December 19th following the Friday Mass. All are reminded that the normally scheduled 11:15 Mass will begin earlier at 10:45 am to allow time for the Nativity Play. Information about parts and practices will be sent home in the following weeks and all are invited to attend. Our annual Christmas Concert will be held Thursday evening, December 11th at 7:00 pm in the Parish Hall. All music students taking piano, violin, guitar or other instruments will perform Christmas selections for friends and family and the PTA will serve light refreshments. On ... Read more