Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- Author & Illustrator to Visit St. Peter School! September 10, 2014Children’s author and illustrator, Suzanne Bloom will be visiting St. Peter School on Thursday, October 23rd. Ms. Bloom is from New York and has won many awards for her books. Some of her book titles include Fox Forgets, Oh, What a Surprise, and A Splendid Friend Indeed. Ms. Bloom will spend the day doing writing and drawing workshops with the students of St. Peter School and students will have the opportunity to have books autographed by Ms. Bloom in the afternoon. Read more
- PTA Spaghetti Dinner … An Italian Delight! September 9, 2014St. Peter School’s PTA will be hosting its annual Spaghetti Dinner on Thursday, October 23rd from 11 am – 7 pm in the St. Peter’s Parish Hall. The scrumptious menu includes spaghetti, meatballs, fresh baked bread, salad, dessert and beverages (only drinks. Both dine-in and take-out are available for lunch and dinner. Lunchtime deliveries are also available. Tickets are $8 per adult and $5 for children 12 and under. Businesses are invited to place delivery orders by calling 814-442-5548 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders for deliveries must be received by 7:00 pm TUESDAY, October 21st. Tell your friends and family and plan to join us for this wonderful and delicious event! Read more
- 2014 Open House and Young Heart Book Fair August 27, 2014St. Peter School will host its Fall Open House on Tuesday, September 9th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm. Teachers will be welcoming students and families to visit classrooms and student work will be on display. Young Heart Books will have the Book Fair during the day on Monday, September 8th and Tuesday, September 9th and during the Open House. The Book Fair will be held in the Library. All are invited stop in and visit our school! Read more
- Teachers Recognized for Service August 27, 2014Three St. Peter School teachers are marking milestones in years of service to Catholic Education this year. Mrs. Sheila Ulerich, fifth grade teacher, has taught at St. Peter’s for 25 years. She has taught all subjects and has been a homeroom teacher in grades 3 and 5 and is the lead Language Arts teacher for the intermediate grades. Mrs. Ulerich also co-coaches our Reading Competition Team and leads the school’s Spelling Bee and facilitates the school’s annual participation in the Laurel Arts Elementary Art Show. Mrs. Cindy Miller, third grade teacher, is marking 5 years of service to St. Peter School. Mrs. Miller also co-coaches the Reading Competition Team. Mrs. Dora Duncan, retired sixth grade teacher, has also served 25 years to St. Peter School. ... Read more
- St. Peter’s Crop August 27, 2014St. Peter’s PTA will host its Fall Scrapbooking Crop on Saturday, September 27th in the Parish Hall. The event will be a “potluck” event and will raise funds for the school’s PTA. Registrations flyers will be sent home with school families or call the school for more details. Read more