Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School Announces 2015-2016 Registration & Open House January 21, 2015 St. Peter School announces its annual Catholic Schools Week Open House on Monday, January 26th from 6:30 – 8:00. Current students, friends and families as well as anyone interested in learning more about the value of a Catholic education is invited to attend. Student work will be on display and teachers and staff will be available throughout the evening. We will kick off our 2015-2016 registration at the Open House on Monday evening. We have openings in all grades for the 2015-2016 school year for children entering grades K-6 of any faith from any school. Students entering Kindergarten must be five before September 1st, 2015. We remind families that student birth certificates, immunization records, social security cards are to accompany registration paperwork. If you cannot ... Read more
- St. Peter School Set to Celebrate Catholic Schools Week 2015 January 21, 2015 The students and staff of St. Peter School will join over 2,000,000 students worldwide to celebrate Catholic Schools Week 2015 January 26 – February 1. Spirit Days and service projects as well as the annual Winter Carnival will mark this special week that celebrates the gifts of a Catholic Education. Our Spirit Week theme is “Building Communities of Faith from Sea to Shining Sea!” and we will celebrate together with the following Spirit Days and Events: Monday – “Splash Down in a Sea of Blue” – Dress Down in blue; Opening Day Prayer Service; Thank You Cards from students to community leaders. Tuesday – “SHH..Dreaming of the Ocean Blue” – Pajama Day and students asked to donate child-sized hats and gloves for the Food Pantry. Students will ... Read more
- 2015 ART SHOW HONOREES ANNOUNCED January 21, 2015 St. Peter School is proud to announce the honorees for the 2015 Somerset County Elementary Art Show. Student work will be on display at the Philip Dressler Center for the Arts though January 30,215. Special thanks to Mrs. Sheila Ulerich and Mrs. Meagan Richter for their help organizing the art for this year’s show. Student honorees are: Grade 1: Abby Campbell, Grade 2: Samantha Brinton & Jenny Do, Grade 5: Haley Vought (2 pieces), Sydney Campbell, Andrew Platt, Grade 6: Emma Luteri, Ella Jano, Mary Bowers, Brody Good, Kelsey O’Brien, Kaitlyn Friedline. Abby Campbell won a Third Place ribbon and Brody Good received an Honorable Mention. Read more
- Rock’n Readers Win First Place Ribbon! November 21, 2014 The St. Peter’s Rock’n Readers recently won a First Place ribbon at the 2014 Fall Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8 Reading Competition. The group of 4th, 5th and 6th graders collectively read over 40 books since last spring to prepare for the competition which was held at Bellwood Antis High School on Thursday, November 21st. The team is coached by Mrs. Sheila Ulerich and Mrs. Cindy Miller. We congratulate the Rock’n Readers and thank them for their hard work! Read more
- St. Peter Students Sing at Veterans’ Day Program November 21, 2014 A group of fifth and sixth grade students from St. Peter School presented a musical program on Friday, November 14th at the Somerset Rotary Club’s annual Veterans’ Day Luncheon and Program. The event was held at the Somerset Country Club. Students practiced and memorized a variety of patriotic and spiritual songs that they sang to the large crowd that included members of the Somerset Rotary Club as well as guest veterans. The students were treated to nice luncheon after the event and did a marvelous job singing. The group was under the direction of Music Teacher, Mrs. Polly Close. Special thanks to Mr. Vince Jacob for inviting the students to perform and for their wonderful lunch! Read more