Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School PTA Subway Discount Card Fundraiser August 27, 2014 This week St .Peter School kicked off its fall fundraiser and we need your help! Students and families are selling Subway discount cards for $10 each. Each card has multiple coupon “tabs” on the back for free items, BOGO items and other savings. They are accepted at all Subway locations and total $68 in savings if all used! Our PTA works hard to raise funds to support the school community and we hope everyone will participate. They make a great gift too! To purchase a card, simply call or stop by the school anytime or see one of our families to buy a card from them! Thank you! Read more
- Teachers Recognized for Service August 27, 2014 Three St. Peter School teachers are marking milestones in years of service to Catholic Education this year. Mrs. Sheila Ulerich, fifth grade teacher, has taught at St. Peter’s for 25 years. She has taught all subjects and has been a homeroom teacher in grades 3 and 5 and is the lead Language Arts teacher for the intermediate grades. Mrs. Ulerich also co-coaches our Reading Competition Team and leads the school’s Spelling Bee and facilitates the school’s annual participation in the Laurel Arts Elementary Art Show. Mrs. Cindy Miller, third grade teacher, is marking 5 years of service to St. Peter School. Mrs. Miller also co-coaches the Reading Competition Team. Mrs. Dora Duncan, retired sixth grade teacher, has also served 25 years to St. Peter School. ... Read more
- St. Peter’s Crop August 27, 2014 St. Peter’s PTA will host its Fall Scrapbooking Crop on Saturday, October 25th in the Parish Hall. The event will be a “potluck” event and will raise funds for the school’s PTA. Read more
- St. Peter School Graduation Class of 2014 June 26, 2014 Congratulations to the St. Peter School’s Graduation Class of 2014! On Thursday, June 5th, fourteen young students graduated from St. Peter’s School. The class celebrated a Mass and Graduation Ceremony in the church at 6:30 pm and then enjoyed a wonderful reception in the Hall afterwards hosted by the fifth grade parents. The Class Valedictorian was Nolan Croushore and Salutatorian was Patrick Jacob. We wish all of our graduates much luck in their futures and we will miss them. Members of the Class of 2014 are: Nolan Croushore, Quinn Egal, Patrick Jacob, Caleb Jano, Joseph Jano, Patrick Kuhn, Luke Latshaw, Ben Murdy, Sam Olsavsky, Sofia Rush, Damon Schrift, Ian Schrift, Jack Strope and Ally Weimer. Read more
- YOUTH PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS June 26, 2014 The Altoona Johnstown Diocese has a mandatory Youth Protection Program that is required of all employees or volunteers who will work with children in any of the diocesan schools or parishes. All training must be completed and clearances up to date BEFORE employees or volunteers may work with children. The program is a one-time, online 45 minute training course that can be completed at home or any other computer. It includes a training course followed by a short quiz which users must attain an 80% or better to pass. If you are a new school, CCD or parish volunteer or a new school or CCD parent and you have NOT completed a previous “Protecting God’s Children” training, you will need to complete this course before ... Read more