Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School Registration Announced January 4, 2017 “St. Peter School…Reaching for the Stars!” This is the theme of our upcoming celebration of Catholic Schools Week 2017. We will join hundreds of thousands of Catholic school students across the country to celebrate the unique gift of a Catholic education. With Catholic Schools Week we will kick off our 2017-2018 St. Peter School Registration. We will begin accepting registrations on Monday, January 30. Kindergarten registrations will be taken through February 17th. We currently have openings in grades K – 6. Students entering Kindergarten are to five years old before September 1, 2017. All registering students are to bring their birth certificate, social security card, immunization records and any baptismal records at the time of registration. Stop by our Open House on January 30th from ... Read more
- St. Peter School….Reaching for the Stars!” Catholic Schools Week, Open House and Winter Carnival Celebrations! January 4, 2017 St. Peter School will join hundreds of thousands of other Catholic school students across the United States to celebrate how Catholic Schools have been building communities of faith, academics and service for hundreds of years. Catholic schools, like St. Peter School, provide an education that helps a child develop academically, emotionally, physically and spiritually to be the best person they can be. With the loving support of St. Peter’s Parish and the commitment of our families, teachers and students, we work together to provide academic excellence rooted in strong moral values and a solid spiritual foundation. This year’s celebrations for Catholic Schools Week will include Spirit Days, service projects and this year’s 2017 Winter Carnival! The carnival is organized by parents and run by parents ... Read more
- Art Show Winners Announced January 4, 2017 Recently ten St. Peter School students had their artwork selected to participate in the 2017 Laurel Arts Somerset County Elementary Art Show. Their work is on display at the Philip Dressler Center this month and all were invited to a Reception on Sunday, January 15th. Students with work on display this year are: Grade 1 – Isabella Pensiero, Grade 2 – Jake Stoy, Grade 4 – Abigail Ledney & Elyse Watkins, Grade 5 – Megan Barron, Olivia Svonavec, Sydney Grosholz; Grade 6 – Gracie Bowers & Emily Klejka. Congratulations to all Artists! Read more
- St. Peter School Students Christmas “Gifts for Baby Jesus” Project a Huge Success! January 4, 2017 St. Peter School students helped to bring home the true meaning of Christmas by collecting and donating items to Birthright of Somerset, Inc. Students talked in their classrooms what baby Jesus might need today if He was born among us and then they donated baby items like diapers, clothes and blankets to help local moms and dads who are preparing for the birth of their baby. The school donated over 3 large bags of items. Well done! Read more
- St. Peter School Begins Reaccreditation January 4, 2017 St. Peter School has begun working on its reaccreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Elementary and Secondary Schools. The school received its seven year accreditation in 2010. The teachers, parents and various stakeholders serving on the Planning Committee will help to put together the school’s “Excellence By Design” self-study in the coming months and will prepare for a Middle States team to visit in the fall or spring of the 2017-2018 school year. Read more