Welcome to the St. Peter School Website!
To view pictures and read entire articles about our school, simply click on the article title. Be sure to check the Class Notes homepage for the current month’s newsletter and teachers’ pages for classroom updates and events!
- St. Peter School PTA Spaghetti Dinner…That’s Amore! September 19, 2018 St. Peter School PTA’s annual Spaghetti Dinner will be held Thursday, October 18th in the Parish Hall. Delivery or Take-Out ONLY will be available for lunch from 11 am – 1pm. Dinner Dine-in or Take-Out will be available for dinner from 4-7pm. Lunch delivery orders must be five dinners or more for delivery OUTSIDE of Somerset Boro. No minimum purchase necessary for deliveries inside Somerset Boro. Anyone wishing to place an order for delivery can call 814-279-5677 or email your order to email@example.com. All delivery orders must be received by 7pm on TUESDAY, October 16th. Dinner includes spaghetti, our own sauce, homemade meatballs, salad, fresh-baked bread and dessert. Come enjoy some fellowship and a scrumptious Italian feast while helping to support our PTA and school! Read more
- “Corporal Works of Mercy Rummage Sale” Returns September 19, 2018 Announcing the return of the “St. Peter School Corporal Works of Mercy Rummage Sale” the weekend of October 6-7. Donations can be dropped off at the Parish Hall at the following times ONLY: October 2 – 4 from 8am – 4pm Wednesday, October 3rd till 7pm. The following “gently used” items will be accepted as donations: * Toys * Housewares * Books & Games * Clothing (Clean & “lightly worn”) * Linens * Sporting Goods * Small Household Appliances / Furniture. We cannot accept items that are broken, damaged, or excessively soiled as well as the following: * Infant Furniture (cribs, strollers, car seats, playpens, etc.) * Undergarments * Mattresses/Boxsprings or Bed Pillows * Large Household Appliances or Furniture * TV’s – (only flat screens) ... Read more
- We Are Friends…We Are Faith Families…We Are R.I.C.H in Christ! September 7, 2018 This year St. Peter School is kicking off the year with all the diocesan elementary schools celebrating friendship, family and faith. With the blessings and gifts God has given all of us and our school, we celebrate that TOGETHER we are R.I.C.H in Christ. The letters of R.I.C.H stand for Respect, Integrity, Courage and Humility. Throughout the year, we will be focusing on each of these traits as the traits of not only the Saints that have lived before us, but also of the saints we are called to be in the big and small moments of our daily lives. We are also beginning a new and exciting adventure called Faith Families. The first week of school, students will be randomly drawn to belong to ... Read more
- Welcome to the Family! September 7, 2018 We are pleased to introduce Mrs. Cassandra Burke as our new Third Grade teacher. Mrs. Burke attended St. Peter School and Somerset High School. She received her degree in Early Elementary Education from the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown and was a teacher at Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School in Johnstown before teaching third grade at Eagle School Intermediate in Martinsburg, West Virginia for the past four years. She and her husband and son reside in Somerset and attend St. Peter’s Parish. We also welcome Mrs. Lindsey Swearman as our new Librarian and Paraprofessional. Mrs. Swearman is a Rockwood graduate and received her undergraduate degree from Juniata and her Masters in Special Education from Shippensburg. She and her husband and two children reside in ... Read more
- PTA…Parents that Care September 7, 2018 The PTA started off the new school year with a wonderful “Back to School Picnic and Campfire” on Saturday, August 25th. Many families came together to kick off the new year and enjoy food, friendship and a s’mores over the campfire! The PTA has some great plans for this school year and they will start at the first meeting on Monday, September 17th at 7pm in the Annex. Thanks to our 2017-2018 PTA leadership who agreed to stay on another year! President – Joe Dirienzo, Vice-Presidents Jennifer McKelvey & Karen Menser, Treasurer – Danielle Petrosky and Secretary – Ann Stoy. The officers met in August and decided to increase the number of meetings from 4 to 5 meetings per school year. This year’s meeting dates ... Read more